Temporary Visas in Canada
Work permit – Student visa – Visitor’s visa- Super visa

Request a Callback


There are three categories of temporary status:

  • Visitor visa
  • Study permit
  • Work permit

People who wish to come to Canada as visitors require a visitor’s visa, unless they are citizens of a country that does not require such a visa.

If you are already in Canada, Parienté Law Firm can help you with the following immigration needs:

  • Temporary Visitor’s Visa Extension – Extend your stay in Canada or give you other immigration options.
  • Change of Status – Advise you regarding the possibility of changing your current status while in Canada.


Before applying for a permit to study in Canada, you  must be accepted by a recognized Canadian educational institution. As well, you will need to prove that you have enough funds to pay for your tuition fees and have no criminal record.  If you wish to study in Quebec, we can help you obtain a Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ).


Work permit

If you plan to work in Canada, already have a job offer, or want to start a business here, then you will need a work permit. A work permit allows a foreigner to work legally in Canada for a pre-determined period of time.

Pariente Immigration Law Expert can help you achieve your goals with the following services:

  • Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) – obtain the necessary Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) before you apply for your work permit;
  • Employer Representation – represent the employer in order to facilitate this process;
  • Post-Diploma Work Permit – assess your eligibility to obtain a work permit if you are graduating from a Canadian school;
  • Work and Travel (Working Holiday Program – WHP) – The Youth Mobility Program between Canada and other countries offers an unique opportunity for young people to complement their post-secondary education, acquire hands-on work experience, and improve their knowledge of the other country’s language, culture, and society.
  • Change of Status – advise you regarding the possibility of changing your current status while in Canada in order to obtain a work permit.

We will be glad to discuss all your immigration options when you call our office.

Working temporarily in Canada

Every year, over 150,000 foreign workers enter Canada to work temporarily in jobs that help Canadian employers address skill shortages, or to work as live-in caregivers.

A work permit is needed for most temporary jobs in Canada.

Some temporary workers require a work permit and some do not. For some categories of workers, permits are approved more quickly.

The requirements and processing times depend on the sort of work you will do when you come to Canada.

Pariente Immigration Lawyer has years of experience working closely with Canadian employers and all government institutions involved ensuring your application is processed without any unnecessary delays.

For Booking and Appointments

Click the Booking Button!